The Midwest Breadman's Daughter
Week 3: November 18-25
The Facts
I am terrible with US geography. Actually, I'm terrible with all geography. (I mean, wouldn't it be weird if I could identify all sorts of things about different parts of the world and not my own country? Hah!) Over the years, I've gotten familiar with the Midwest, but it's a very general knowledge. Basically, I can label Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Michigan and Wisconsin on a map*. And now Kentucky. And New Jersey because of Jersey Shore, but I'd rather not get into that. I had to google what region of the US Kentucky was in. I've never lived outside of the Midwest before. This is so exotic!
Oh! I can also name some of the West Coast too because of our train trip this summer, but don't ask me which states we traveled through to get there and back.
*I'm being a teeny bit extreme here, but you get the point.
I was contacted about two of the jobs I applied for. I went in for an interview and got one.
My family came down for Thanksgiving. Some of the highlights are: taking turns reading a page at a time of The Ugly Dumpling, eating, wandering the streets, eating, playing Harry Potter Clue, Loaded Questions, Snipperclips, and Overcooked, eating, and spending time in Joe Ley's Antiques.
We also got to spend time with some relatives in Cincinnati. During this time, we ate Red Robin, Maya Indian Cuisine, and Sleepy Bee --click the link so you can see the cute logo! I had a soup with a long name that was delicious and a mushroom sandwich that was also delicious. I am generally against all things Ohio, but Sleepy Bee is challenging my worldview. Also, I am aware that I write about food a lot. Going out to eat is my love language.
When we got back home, our phones informed us of a winter weather advisory in Michigan and we laughed and laughed. Then we went for a bike ride.
Someone recommended The Comfy Cow to us for ice cream and we enjoyed it way more than Louisville Cream. I had a kiddie scoop of grapefruit sorbet and I would get it again. And again. And again.
The Feelings
How about if I let you feel things instead? Look at these pictures.
The Requests
Still no updates on church stuff, but Joey and I did have some great conversations about denominational differences and how much certain aspects should matter to us. Usually, I have little patience for conversations like this and Joey and I end up frustrated with each other, but we saw this one through and it was kind of great. I guess that is an update.
I got a job! Doing something I'm really excited about! I'll tell more when I actually start. I'm currently still waiting to confirm that I don't have tuberculosis and I'm not a criminal. I'm very thankful to have found one so quickly and that it seems to be what I'd hoped for.
Since Christmas is around the corner, allow me to inundate you with my wish list. I would love a letter. Or a postcard. Or a piece of scrap paper with 4 words on it. I love mail. And I keep it. We put 97,853 things in storage, but I brought my box of various letters, cards, and notes with us. I PUT THE COLLECTION OF ROMANTIC NOSTALGIA BETWEEN ME AND JOEY IN STORAGE AND BROUGHT THE FRIEND/FAMILY CORRESPONDENCE COLLECTION WITH. And yes, I did spend time sorting the two as I was packing. They're different, okay? They require separate boxes.
A word from Joey: "At least she brought our wedding albums."
The Facts
I am terrible with US geography. Actually, I'm terrible with all geography. (I mean, wouldn't it be weird if I could identify all sorts of things about different parts of the world and not my own country? Hah!) Over the years, I've gotten familiar with the Midwest, but it's a very general knowledge. Basically, I can label Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Michigan and Wisconsin on a map*. And now Kentucky. And New Jersey because of Jersey Shore, but I'd rather not get into that. I had to google what region of the US Kentucky was in. I've never lived outside of the Midwest before. This is so exotic!
Oh! I can also name some of the West Coast too because of our train trip this summer, but don't ask me which states we traveled through to get there and back.
*I'm being a teeny bit extreme here, but you get the point.
I was contacted about two of the jobs I applied for. I went in for an interview and got one.
My family came down for Thanksgiving. Some of the highlights are: taking turns reading a page at a time of The Ugly Dumpling, eating, wandering the streets, eating, playing Harry Potter Clue, Loaded Questions, Snipperclips, and Overcooked, eating, and spending time in Joe Ley's Antiques.
We also got to spend time with some relatives in Cincinnati. During this time, we ate Red Robin, Maya Indian Cuisine, and Sleepy Bee --click the link so you can see the cute logo! I had a soup with a long name that was delicious and a mushroom sandwich that was also delicious. I am generally against all things Ohio, but Sleepy Bee is challenging my worldview. Also, I am aware that I write about food a lot. Going out to eat is my love language.
When we got back home, our phones informed us of a winter weather advisory in Michigan and we laughed and laughed. Then we went for a bike ride.
Someone recommended The Comfy Cow to us for ice cream and we enjoyed it way more than Louisville Cream. I had a kiddie scoop of grapefruit sorbet and I would get it again. And again. And again.
The Feelings
How about if I let you feel things instead? Look at these pictures.
![]() |
| Of course, we took them to Feast BBQ. |
![]() |
| The big bat most people care about. |
![]() |
| The big bat I care about. |
![]() |
| Outside Joe Ley Antiques |
![]() |
| My favorite kind of staircase--dusty and covered in books with a stained lamp nearby. |
![]() |
| ViRtuAL ReALiTY #superhot (Is that the name of the game or what I think about Joey? The world may never know.) |
![]() |
| I demanded Joey take a picture of me by this giant tree during our bike ride and a kind passerby offered to take one of both of us instead. |
![]() |
| This is my view most days. If you squint, you can see our one Christmas decoration to the left of the TV. Thanks, Mom! |
The Requests
Still no updates on church stuff, but Joey and I did have some great conversations about denominational differences and how much certain aspects should matter to us. Usually, I have little patience for conversations like this and Joey and I end up frustrated with each other, but we saw this one through and it was kind of great. I guess that is an update.
I got a job! Doing something I'm really excited about! I'll tell more when I actually start. I'm currently still waiting to confirm that I don't have tuberculosis and I'm not a criminal. I'm very thankful to have found one so quickly and that it seems to be what I'd hoped for.
Since Christmas is around the corner, allow me to inundate you with my wish list. I would love a letter. Or a postcard. Or a piece of scrap paper with 4 words on it. I love mail. And I keep it. We put 97,853 things in storage, but I brought my box of various letters, cards, and notes with us. I PUT THE COLLECTION OF ROMANTIC NOSTALGIA BETWEEN ME AND JOEY IN STORAGE AND BROUGHT THE FRIEND/FAMILY CORRESPONDENCE COLLECTION WITH. And yes, I did spend time sorting the two as I was packing. They're different, okay? They require separate boxes.
A word from Joey: "At least she brought our wedding albums."








So where would we send these postcards? The public wants to know.
ReplyDeleteWrite to us!
ReplyDelete605 Ballard St. #203
Louisville, KY 40202
JK. I do have a brain, I PROMISE.